Information Pages (click banner to goto main site)
You know you're officially a horse-nut if some of the following apply to you!...
* The real estate agent asks what kind of house you are looking for,
and you say, 'More than six acres.'
* Your husband does something nice for you and you say 'good boy' and pat him on the neck.
* You are trying to get by a co-worker in a restricted space and instead of saying 'excuse me'
to him/her, you cluck at them instead.
* You patch your mud boots with duct tape and slog through knee deep mud to get hay to your
horse, who has commandered the ONLY dry spot for miles.
* You show up in city clothes dressed for appointments and when you get there people reach
over the breakfast table to pick alfalfa out of your hair.
* No one wants to ride in your car because they'll get sweet feed and hay in their socks and
purses...that's ok because then you'd have to rearrange all the tack to make room for them!
* You are totally grossed out by human hair in the sink or tub, but don't mind horse hair in
your washer, on your clothes, in your food...
* You buy about 15 lbs. of carrots a week, but wouldn't eat a carrot if somebody paid you.
* You say 'whoa' to the dog.
* You pass up attractive social invitations because they'd conflict with your lesson schedule.
* You don't even want to think about how your car would be paid for, your mortgage would
be much smaller, and you might have some savings if you didn't have horses.
* You see the vet more than you see your child's pediatrician
* You pull change from your pocket at work, and hay falls all over.
* You yell at the kids/friends, and the horse's name pops out.
* On rainy days, you organize the tack room, not the house.
* Your horse seems the right choice when you need to talk something out with someone.
* You get a little whiff of the smell of leather and breathe deeper to get the full impact.
* Everytime you go to the stable, it takes 3 hours and you can't imagine where the time went.
* There are bits soaking in your bathroom sink.
* You drive by ANY field ANYWHERE and look very hard for horses.